Thursday, May 27, 2010

Final Count!

Yesterday I came home and Betty had been scared away from her nest so I finally got to get a picture of her nest.  Usually when she leaves she covers up the eggs so I can't see them but since she was scared I could sneak a quick pic.



I could see ten eggs.  There could be more somewhat hidden but all I could see was ten.  I would post a pic of Betty but it would be exactly the same as the last one I posted.  She sits on the nest for about 23 hours a day as far as I can tell.  There have been some insane rain storms and she diligently sits there.  I admire her stamina honestly.  She still watches me somewhat distrustingly but she'll listen while I talk to her and I believe she's convinced I'm not going to hurt her now.

2 comments:

Elizabeth Downie said...

That is so sweet. Better watch out for her when those eggs hatch though - she's going to get more protective of them! You might want to exit out your back door at that point. ;)

Oddyoddyo13 said...

This is so sweet-how long before they hatch?