Saturday, July 24, 2010

Blinkers

On the whole, I find blinkers really annoying.

I fully realize their usefulness.  Don't get me wrong.  They inform people of your intended direction which is incredibly useful.  Unless of course you have forgotten that your directional indicator is currently operating and you don't actually intend on turning.  But that noise, inside my own car, is juuuussssttt repetitive enough to have me looking around for a hard surface to bang my head on repeatedly.

Yesterday though I saw something that made me wonder.

I saw one of these.  Not a shelby, I would have been drooling, but a new mustang.  See the tail lights?  When the blinker is on, only one light goes at a time, like one of those annoying traffic signs that tells you to merge lanes.  It was possibly the weirdest blinker I've ever seen.  I've seen weird blinkers before, like ones that go ridiculously fast, but this one had me confused.  Is that pattern tested to be more appealing to other drivers?  Or people realize even faster that the person in the mustang is turning....?  I'm just confused.

I can't say that I've ever seen why my blinker actually looks like from other people's perspectives, but I feel safe in saying it doesn't do what this mustang does.  But is my blinker also confusing?  I'm just not sure.

4 comments:

Brady said...

Sequential tail lights! It's a Mustang thing. It was on some of the originals and they brought it back on the 2010 model year. I think it's awesome.

Abood said...

I have never heard of blinker issues before so this is kinda new to me :P I've never seen a 'sequential blinker' before but it sounds like an awesome idea!

Anonymous said...

Typically the ultra fast blinkers are indications that one of the blinker bulbs isn't functioning properly.

Thrilling, I know.

Oddyoddyo13 said...

Haha, I have no clue why they'd design it like that, but its not the first car I've seen with strange blinkers. :)