Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Getting there

Okay I know I've been totally slacking on blogging about my amazing trip. And side note: Yes Kara, I had never been to Disneyland, it's quite amazing I know but somehow I managed it.

So I'm getting to the blogging part about my trip it's just taking time to get pictures of everything all organized and I don't want to post something with no pictures because no pictures = no fun! Haha sometimes I think the only reason I do things is to have pictures. So more about my trip to come.

So instead of writing about my trip I'll write about something random that's kind of annoying me. So FEMA had a surplus of supplies and they gave it away. WHOA HOW CAN THEY DO SUCH A THING?!?!?! Well that's what people in New Orleans are saying because they're victims of Hurricane Katrina and they need all that stuff. Well FEMA asked all the states if they needed the stuff before they gave it away to the National Guard and other things like that. 16 states said they didn't need anything, including Louisiana. So people in New Orleans are MAD at FEMA saying that we say we care about the welfare of the world but we can't even take care of our own citizens and blah blah blah. Come on here people, don't be as stupid as you look. It's not like FEMA said oh we hate those people who were in the hurricane that was 3 years ago, so we're not going to give them anything. No, they asked the state if they wanted it and they said no. It's also not like that disaster was the only one we've had and those people deserve special treatment because they're sad. No. There are disasters every day like tornadoes in the sunbelt and fires in the west. FEMA also didn't just give that stuff to other countries and said screw America. All the millions of dollars of stuff went TO THE NEEDY in America. Now I feel bad that those people lost their homes and that New Orleans is stupid enough to have crappy levees and live below sea level. That makes me sad, but seriously get over yourselves and see the bigger picture. And don't blame FEMA, try starting out smaller and asking your own state government why they didn't ask for some.

1 comments:

Abbey said...

Amen to that. I'm tired of it. I'm sure it sucks, and it sucked, and it will continue to suck. But the level of suckiness gets worse the more you moan and whine about it.